More about TOTE...
The goal of TOTE is to improve teachers' and students' understanding of the environment using local examples and to provide resources and experience to support the incorporation of estuary and watershed topics into classroom teaching. The workshop is also designed to promote stewardship of watersheds and estuaries.
Features/Benefits of TOTE:
- Work with experienced coastal educators and research scientists.
- Explore coastal habitats and carry out field studies.
- Learn how to use real data and guide student investigations.
- Try out Estuaries 101, a web-based curriculum for middle and high school teachers.
- Learn about opportunities to bring your students to the Reserve for a day of exploratory and place-based learning.
Past Participant Comments:
"Inspirational - encourages the need to challenge our students to learn and care about their environment and develop into concerned and aware citizens."
"This was one of the best workshops that I have ever been to. Great balance between inside and outside."
"I have been completely satisfied and will advocate to colleagues to take part in this weekend in the future. Thank you!"
"Amazing - safe, respectful environment invited questions and great knowledge base and experience. Thank you!"